Monday, February 23, 2009

merry heart laughter, medicine for the soul,



These are bleeding hearts, they are in my flower garden. I love them.

They remind me to have a merry heart.

How to have a merry heart when you are down.

Years ago when I was in one of Anne of Green Gables depths of despair and the tunnel was so dark and seemed endless, I stumbled upon a little plaque. It was one that my youngest daughters made for me at a Bible camp, It was a little board in the shape of a bottle and it had the words of a Bible verse spelled out with outdated pills. A Merry heart doeth good like a medicine. I decided I needed a merry heart, I needed this medicine for my inner self.

I rented some of the good old video's that were funny. Danny Kaye movies, cartoons, etc.

It took a while, but I did begin to have a lighter heart. Just this morning one of my dear clients wrote me an e-mail. In it she talked about how much fun her and some girl friends had at a recent birthday party. These gals occasionally meet and they laugh their selves silly.

My client asked if I had heard of Normal Cousins , I hadn't. Here is a link that tells how he used
humor to help himself heal Normal Cousins Journal of Nursing Jocularity

Find something humorous. Learn to enjoy life, learn to laugh, then learn to let your body have freedom to heal. God's medicine, laughter, and ..a Merry Heart.



No comments: