Sunday, May 24, 2009

Is there a "Morel" to this story? Yes and a yummy one...



When one finds such a "shot" , what else but .....
...A fry fest...
What else could one expect , after all? I mean after capturing such, what is left but to create a scrumptious fry fest?

Actually, I left these particular treasures alone.
The last time I had created a scrumptious feast from such after finding some on one of my
forays as I checked fences, I searched in vain for several years in the hopes of a repeat performance, my are these treasures good. I had been told it didn't matter if you picked them, if conditions were such that created a safe haven for them, they would return again...They never did, no matter how hard I looked.

This year I decided to mark the spot and let them happily enjoy life till the very end.
I echo Spock's sentiments..."Live long and prosper" ( with many descendants) my dear mushrooms.

So the Morel to my story...let "blooming" mushrooms be
sing them a happy song each time you pass by
let them grow tall, strong and free
and perhaps many descendants next spring you can FRY !
(well saute' in butter that is, yumm)

Got steak anyone?

No comments: