Monday, April 5, 2010

Tributes to Red Skelton & John Wayne & their patriotism

(I apologize for whatever reason this post didn't allow live links
you can cut and past them into your browser to view,then back arrow to return for the next one)

Red Skelton

I always loved watching his shows
not only did I enjoy his funny show
My heart was always warmed when he said good night
to his audience and said God Bless...
I so wanted to hear my Dad say something like that
I never did..

Red brought laughter into our home, he showed us how to
view life in the eyes of others,
he showed us how to be creative
and he showed us how to make an ordinary day have fun in it
as we were shown how to remain young at heart.
Mr.Skelton with his winsome ways also taught vauable lessons

Below are links I wish we would all remember and share
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIkqKVzt


John Wayne

..he rode into my heart as a true hero
and of course he had horses..and we all know how I love horses
We don't have enough hero's, and those we have are often overlooked
or not recognized...steadfast loyalty to raise a family
during difficult times or through life challenges and tradgedies
this takes true heroism...

There are never enough horses...I just read an article ..
a horse a day keeps the Dr. away...I agreee :-)

this is a beautiful redition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YPkXI8F29g&feature=related

No comments: