Sunday, October 5, 2008

HEADSTUFF...it hurts

'Whenever God Closes One Door
He Always Opens Another,
Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway'

This was in a forward sent to me by a young friend
The title was called Lemons and Sugar.
Thank you Amanda.

It can be scary to have a door closed can't it ? Especially if it seems the death of your dreams.

It can be just as scary to have one open. The unknown, what "lurks" there?

Did you know all of us have 6 basic needs?

Did you know we each make three decisions every moment?

When that door closes, and that door opens, what our world model/core values are will
determine the choices we make.

Lemon or lemonade.

We can choose a destination or we can choose our destiny.

We can choose to let our emotions empower us or dis empower, perhaps even destroy us.

Our society has "EQUIPPED" us with the concept that "IF" only we had the right tools,
resources, (parents) life experiences, training, environment, whatever.
Then we could

DO, BE, OBTAIN, ACCOMPLISH, or whatever.

If this was true, then how about those individuals who didn't receive these "blessings?"

Against great odds these people rise above their circumstances.

What is the deciding factor? It is a choice.

There is a song from my Irish heritage that I love, my favorite line is...

You take the highroad, I'll take the low road, and I'll get to Scotland , a fore ye.

It's not the circumstances life has dealt you, not any of the other advantages.

What matters and makes the difference, is what is in your heart.

Right now I am in pain, I wish things were different, but they are not.

Should I succumb to the bleakness one Dr. once told me, absolutely not.

Take a few minutes, if you only had a few hours left to live, who would you call, what would you

say, what would you do? What do you choose?

Give yourself a new world view. You are special, why not live special, and learn to give, where true fulfillment comes.

Now for some fun( head over to my farm funnies and check out how to make slime.

No comments: