Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The night before Christmas, a wonderful life, REALLY


Actually I'm writing this post in the wee early dawn of the night before Christmas


Many memories flood my mind of Christmas's past
Some ,at the time, were overwhelmingly heartbreaking and sad

Some were frightening,or overwhelmingly laced with either tragedy,crises,fear
or even as Anne of Green Gables expressed: in the depths of despair
Yet through it all, a golden thread...God's marvelous grace,His providential watch care.
All these many years later,I can more readily see the simmer of it ,woven through all the things allowed in my life.

A recent comment on one of my posts , caused me to once again remember one long ago Christmas, when I felt at the end of my "rope". Thankfully I do not recall the things leading up to my pit of despair. and despite an encouraging husband, I was overwhelmed, standing on the brink of overwhelming depression, one that to me was insurmountable and like the black hole in space.

I remember thinking how useless my life seemed to me, teetering on the edge of how all would be better off without me in so many ways, and yet trying to give my best, for the holidays to our young brood.
I now have an idea of some of the triggers that promoted the depths of the despair
but the focus of ones life is not what causes one to spiral downward, but the salvation.

That year God brought me face to face with my personal haunts with a simple movie.
So many problems that seem insurmountable, that if dwelt upon,breeds further despair and hopelessness. No where in my reading the entire King James version of the Bible cover to cover over 9 times , are we admonished to dwell on the past, or our circumstance :what led up to them, what they currently are ,or the possible outcome of them.

However over and over we are to confess (what and when we have done wrong) make restitution (if needed) and to repent (agree with God and turn 180 degrees away from whatever) Every year I learn more about what true repentance is, and just this morning
have more insights. Every struggle we are either facing,struggling or overwhelmed with, I believe can be summed up and dealt with under the illumination of what else? The basic 10 commandments.
Yep ,as antiquated and socially or politically incorrect as it may be, to read and worse ! Believe in them, I sense herein lies many of the solutions to so many of our current problems, and I sense in greater ways than some of us older "foggies" even imagined, let alone were ever taught.

Then we are to what? Fill our minds (dwell) on whatever is good, pure, of value..
(someone wrongs you? forgive them in your heart and think of God's forgiveness to you,think of the persons good qualities, how you can help them , even if just prayer for them to come to a conscious realization they are bad and need help (Gods' forgiveness too)..There are so many good books with people who have lived thus, and even though suffered much, were greatly blessed with such living (Corrie Ten Boom is one example)

Now what movie did God providentially bring personally to me those many years ago ?
I took great joy in weeding through the u-tube videos to piece the following together for you
May your life be enriched, as the realization of how one life can effect so many others, yours very well may be such , live your life right and time will tell what an impact your live has been
Mine....yours.....IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.... REALLY !

Song where are you Christmas? first... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S82MtmyE6qE

Then enjoy the movie:
part

No comments: