Sunday, April 6, 2008

What is Love????



Love is a golden treasure


When I was a little girl, someone gave me this explanation of love.


I have held this close to my heart and purposed to live this kind of love.

There are times I have found this very hard...


True love is not for wimps.....

True love can be painful.....


If we but lift our hearts to the heavens, we can receive help to live and love this way...


I wish I could give the author credit, but sadly as a child I trimmed the little article

to it's smallest proportions, thus eliminating any such information, I taped it in the back cover of my very 1st Bible,I nearly wore it out before made a handwritten copy and now I want to share this with you.....


LOVE is very patient,very kind.

LOVE makes no parade,gives itself no airs, is never rude, never selfish

never irritated,never resentful.

LOVE is never glad when others go wrong,

LOVE is gladdened by goodness, always slow to expose,always eager

to hear the best,always hopeful, always patient.

LOVE never disappears,


Perhaps you can guess where the author received his/her inspiration for this text...

Try comparing it to 1st Corinthians 13


Right next to this little clipping I had another clipping I dearly loved




A SMILE

costs nothing.....but gives much

It enriches those who receive it, without making poorer those

who give.....

It takes but a moment,but memory of it can last forever...

None is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it....

And none is so poor, that he cannot be made rich by it...

A smile creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business

and is the counterpart of friendship.........

It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad

and is Natures best antidote for trouble....

Yet it cannot be bought,begged,borrowed or stolen...

for it is something of no value to anyone

until it is given away.........

Some people are to tired to give you a smile, give them one of yours..........

as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give............


No comments: